Monday, June 16, 2008

Standards and Websites

As I read the article on standards and technology based lessons I kept thinking the same thing....Duh! That thought shows that I take for granted that every teacher plans their lessons around standards. Standards based education, while prevelant, is not always a given. It helped me to continue to look at some of my biases and assumptions about teaching.

Evaluating web sites is a new literacy skill that students and educators need to become versed in. The Berkley article about evaluating websites is a great place to start because it is a simple, step by step process through which students can learn more about a particular website. It reminded me of what I know about URLs, etc...but also left me with some things to ponder as well. The section on the quality of information was especially beneficial.

No comments: